- Telefónica CCDO joins chorus calling for European digital improvements 11 March 2014 | 11:44 am
- 100Gbps submarine cable project gets operator backing 11 March 2014 | 8:48 am
- GSMA’s Bouverot sends operator-backed open letter to Kroes calling for European reform 10 March 2014 | 4:54 pm
- Belgacom to brand all domestic Belgian services as Proximus 10 March 2014 | 4:37 pm
- Sonera to acquire AinaCom’s consumer and fixed network business 10 March 2014 | 2:13 pm
Embracing VAS Innovation & Engaging the Digital Customer
Join 500+ Digital Professionals at Vas Africa 2014!
The 4th annual VAS Africa conference brings you an unprecedented 12 operator speakers delivering their experience of innovation, creativity and success as they embrace the digital age. The operator-focussed agenda delivers insight into new ways to monetise content and apps; detailed analysis of the latest M-health, M-Education, M-Agriculture projects that have really caught the attention of the African consumer market; innovation with mobile money, mobile marketing and advertising, and crucially, the importance of smartphone advances in driving the consumption of data.
As consumer expectation increases for a sophisticated, ubiquitous content and apps package, operators must seek new ways to meet the demand and delight their customer base. Digital is taking over fast, and industry players need to reflect this in their business strategies now.
Join us at The Maslow Hotel in Johannesburg for the 4th Annual VAS Africa!
Download the preview agenda here
- New Operator-focussed agenda - 10 African operator speakers
- New Co-location with MVNOs Africa
- Network with delegates from VAS Africa and MVNOs Africa
- Case Studies from Vodacom, MXit, Tigo Tanzania and more
- New Focus on the Ultimate VAS for Africans - case studies from Vodacom, Mxit, Tigo Tanzania
- New Focus on Smart Devices - how are innovative devices driving the uptake in content?
- NEW Interactive Mobile Marketing Demo
- New Extended Focus on Mobile Marketing and Advertising
- New Networking Reception - network with delegates from VAS Africa and MVNOs Africa
- How are innovative devices driving the uptake in content?
Africa is arguably the most buoyant music market in the world in terms of creativity and diversity
No wonder a number of stakeholders want to be part of it! But just as the music business is evolving rapidly in the rest of the world, Africa’s digital music scene is writing its own rules. How will it shape itself? Who will be the winners and losers of the new ecosystem?
“Sub-Saharan Africa is a devilishly complex place to build up a comprehensive portfolio of truly localized, legal content.” Says Guillermo Escofet, Senior Analyst, Informa Telecoms & Media. Indeed, complexity is a key characteristic of the market, in terms of content sourcing and licensing, legal issues, lack of industry structure, revenue sharing etc.
Digital Music Africa is a new session in the Com World Series looking at the challenges and opportunities of distributing, promoting and monetising music in Africa’s digital market. The first session of the series will take place as part of Digital Services Africa (formerly VAS Africa), with contributions from operators, analysts, music service providers and more.
The 2nd Annual APP GIG @ Digital Services Africa – in partnership with Mobile Monday
The APP GIG is a celebration of the creativity and innovation of developers in Africa – and a chance for them to share experiences and learn more ideas on how to promote and monetize their apps.
The session is a series of dedicated workshops and interactive sessions with the most engaging developers and app specialists to discuss innovative business models, interesting development ideas, related technologies, new trends in this ecosystem, and more.
The APP GIG is free to attend for all independent African app developers and coders. It is collocated with Digital Services Africa, the leading telecoms, ICT and media event.
NEW for 2013: the AppGig is organized in partnership with Mobile Monday – Bringing the most passionate team to lead the debates, encourage ideas sharing and have fun while networking!
...The outstanding organization (Informa) brings you to new overview of the African telecom market and of course, new business opportunities for vendors. If you want to be a player in the market be there next timeJean-Philippe Garcin, Regional Sales Manager, Intersec
...VAS AFRICA is one of the most interesting events from a supplier point of view. The speed networking is a straight forward opportunity to speak with senior TELCO managers. Well doneOmar Fadil, Head of Global Sales, Lumata
...Really loved the speed networking session. Overall it was a fantastic event. The team did a great job with organising the conference. I wish Informa all the success in coming years.Sakib Khan, Head of Sales, SSD-Tech
Speed networking event...has been a remarkable thing for VAS vendors like Spice...looking forward to more smart innovations from your team. Once again wish you all the best and keep up the good work!Sameer Shamsudeen, Assistant Vice President – Products, SPICE VAS Africa Ptc Ltd