- CenturyLink bags $3b grant to expand rural broadband 28 August 2015 | 10:45 am
- Google launches response to EC’s anti-competition claims 28 August 2015 | 9:54 am
- Interoute introduces US Hong Kong networking routes 28 August 2015 | 9:31 am
- Altice to poach Alcatel-Lucent chief Michel Combes 27 August 2015 | 12:05 pm
- Amazon reportedly curbs consumer tech ambition 27 August 2015 | 11:58 am
TRANSFORMING OPERATOR REVENUE STREAMS WITH DIGITAL SERVICES
Save the date VAS Africa is back on the 30th June & 1st July 2015
Africa has one of the world’s most innovative and complex mobile markets and the Value Add Services (VAS) ecosystem is in constant evolution.
VAS Africa 2015, in its fifth year, will see operators, regulators, content providers and mobile marketing experts gather to address the challenges and opportunities offered by looking at which services will capture customer’s imaginations and focus on how to ensure ongoing revenue for an increasingly complex digital value chain.
As African consumer expectation and market demand grows, the technology challenges need to be addressed and the programme will focus on what the impact of high speed technology will be on the quantity and quality of content available.
With a wealth of new players and many exciting developments in M commerce the programme will have a dedicated Mobile Money and M Commerce stream which brings together operators, banks and platform providers focusing on new business strategies evolving to meet growing market demands.
VAS Africa 2015 recognises that Africa often leads the way in Innovation and new M- Education and M Health projects will be profiled as the Start-up and entrepreneur community contribute to exciting discussions about latest projects.
We look forward to seeing you in Johannesburg and welcome you to engage with and develop the vas ecosystem over these exciting two days.
VAS Africa has established itself as a major event for mobile operators and other stakeholders in the ecosystem, providing a unique platform for discussion, learning and business development. In 2015 the programme includes new topics and strategic discussions to enable all player to increase their revenues to deliver the most attractive services to end-users.
- Digital Services, Monetisation and Innovation
- Principles, processes and lessons learned when launching a new VAS platform.
- VAS strategies for sustainable growth
- Case Study: Engaging your audience – Building interest based communities on mobile
- Mobile Money and M-Commerce
- Digital Entertainment
- Getting the Technology Right
- VAS transformation systems and the critical role of cloud
- Improving billing capabilities for multiple VAS platforms
- Accelerating the VAS ecosystem through better connectivity and smarter regulation
- Innovation for Africa
- Utilising the Power of Social Media
- Mobile Marketing and Advertising
- Social Enterprise
VAS 2015 will focus on:
- The future of digital services and how operators see VAS in their business.
- Getting the technology right – is LTE roll out in Africa fast enough to support where VAS wants to be
- The expansion of Digital Entertainment -the demand for local content overcoming the challenges in VoD
- Spotlight on mEducation – Digitising educational content challenges
- Exciting developments from innovation hubs –Showcasing the demand for local content
- Focus on the development of mobile financial services
- Realising the value of mobile advertising and engaging with the African Consumer
VAS Africa is all about helping operators identify, evaluate and source the strategies and solutions that will prevent erosion of revenue and indeed enhance your business model. With extensive networking time built into the programme you should leave VAS Africa with a fist-ful of cards and a head full of inspiration ..
Some of the networking features we incorporate into the event are below:
A special area for our C-Level operator attendees to network away from the buzz of the show floor. Plus, an exclusive
room for private scheduled 1:1 meetings organised by the VIP Campaign team according to your priorities.
A guaranteed chance to hear first-hand about he latest solutions and services that can make a difference to your business. A time-efficient solution designed to help you evaluate and stress-test solutions and fast-track the requirement matching stage.
Designed to ease the mutual exchange of ideas in an informal setting our receptions are also a fun and relaxing way to end the day.
This year the VAS Africa delegates will be able to mingle and network with the MVNOs Africa delegates.
...The outstanding organization (Informa) brings you to new overview of the African telecom market and of course, new business opportunities for vendors. If you want to be a player in the market be there next timeJean-Philippe Garcin, Regional Sales Manager, Intersec
...VAS AFRICA is one of the most interesting events from a supplier point of view. The speed networking is a straight forward opportunity to speak with senior TELCO managers. Well doneOmar Fadil, Head of Global Sales, Lumata
...Really loved the speed networking session. Overall it was a fantastic event. The team did a great job with organising the conference. I wish Informa all the success in coming years.Sakib Khan, Head of Sales, SSD-Tech
Speed networking event...has been a remarkable thing for VAS vendors like Spice...looking forward to more smart innovations from your team. Once again wish you all the best and keep up the good work!Sameer Shamsudeen, Assistant Vice President – Products, SPICE VAS Africa Ptc Ltd