- Telefónica makes ‘digital telco’ move through Firefox Hello OTT service 2 March 2015 | 9:41 pm
- MWC demos suggest NFV commercially ready 2 March 2015 | 5:01 pm
- Mitel agrees deal to acquire Mavenir, targets IP comms growth 2 March 2015 | 12:26 pm
- Win Video, Win All 2 March 2015 | 6:00 am
- Samsung shadows Apple in a double Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge launch 1 March 2015 | 11:31 pm
SEIZING NEW DIGITAL OPPORTUNITIES
Save the date VAS Africa is back on the 30th June & 1st July 2015
VAS Africa 2014 Day 2 Press Release:
It was standing room only at the start of the second day of VAS Africa, with an inspirational keynote speech by 18 year old entrepreneur Nadav Ossendryver. Outlining the ideas behind Latest Sightings, an innovative app tracking wildlife in the Kruger, Nadav detailed his use of social media for building his community and developing activities around the app.
The youth market was a focus of the panel discussion featuring Cell C and Orange as they detailed their strategies for targeting the 16 – 21 year old segment. What services will they pay for and what is truly relevant to them?
The conference went on to discuss Mobile Money services, Mobile Music, and Social Networks and Apps in Africa…
To read the full press release click here.
VAS Africa has established itself as a major event for mobile operators and other stakeholders in the ecosystem, providing a unique platform for discussion, learning and business development. In 2015 the programme includes new topics and strategic discussions to enable all player to increase their revenues to deliver the most attractive services to end-users.
- Keynote: Digital services: Monetisation, Innovation
- Digital Music & Gaming NEW
- Mobile money and m-commerce
- Keynote: Getting the technology right: network strategies to support digital services
- Apps fir verticals: M-Health, M-Government, M-Education
- Mobile Marketing and Advertising
VAS 2015 will focus on:
- The future of digital services and how operators see VAS in their business.
- Getting the technology right – is LTE roll out in Africa fast enough to support where VAS wants to be
- The expansion of Digital Entertainment -the demand for local content overcoming the challenges in VoD
- Spotlight on mEducation – Digitising educational content challenges
- Exciting developments from innovation hubs –Showcasing the demand for local content
- Focus on the development of mobile financial services
- Realising the value of mobile advertising and engaging with the African Consumer
VAS Africa is all about helping operators identify, evaluate and source the strategies and solutions that will prevent erosion of revenue and indeed enhance your business model. With extensive networking time built into the programme you should leave VAS Africa with a fist-ful of cards and a head full of inspiration ..
Some of the networking features we incorporate into the event are below:
A special area for our C-Level operator attendees to network away from the buzz of the show floor. Plus, an exclusive
room for private scheduled 1:1 meetings organised by the VIP Campaign team according to your priorities.
A guaranteed chance to hear first-hand about he latest solutions and services that can make a difference to your business. A time-efficient solution designed to help you evaluate and stress-test solutions and fast-track the requirement matching stage.
Designed to ease the mutual exchange of ideas in an informal setting our receptions are also a fun and relaxing way to end the day.
This year the VAS Africa delegates will be able to mingle and network with the MVNOs Africa delegates.
...The outstanding organization (Informa) brings you to new overview of the African telecom market and of course, new business opportunities for vendors. If you want to be a player in the market be there next timeJean-Philippe Garcin, Regional Sales Manager, Intersec
...VAS AFRICA is one of the most interesting events from a supplier point of view. The speed networking is a straight forward opportunity to speak with senior TELCO managers. Well doneOmar Fadil, Head of Global Sales, Lumata
...Really loved the speed networking session. Overall it was a fantastic event. The team did a great job with organising the conference. I wish Informa all the success in coming years.Sakib Khan, Head of Sales, SSD-Tech
Speed networking event...has been a remarkable thing for VAS vendors like Spice...looking forward to more smart innovations from your team. Once again wish you all the best and keep up the good work!Sameer Shamsudeen, Assistant Vice President – Products, SPICE VAS Africa Ptc Ltd